The Early Bird schedule has been added to the calendar. Please take not of our busy schedule around the tournament with practice Monday, an away game Wednesday, the tournament and a game in Tignish Monday fallowing the tournament.
October 23, 2017 Team Update
Here is just a bit of info to keep you all up to date. The boys soccer team at Bluefield has moved on to the next round of the playoffs and have a game Wednesday in Westisle. Ther are 5 boys from the team playing so we canceled the game for Wednesday. Good Luck to Cody Jay, Connor Reardon, Jackson Roberts, Danial Godfrey, and Thomas Ford.
The league will be starting this Sunday but have not seen a schedule yet. Hopefully will have something by Thursday.
Reminder of the parents meeting at 6:30 Thursday. Would like the players to come as well.
October 19, 2017 schedule
Here is the schedule for the team for the next little bit.
Thursday Oct 20th practice 7:30 APM
Monday Oct 23rd practice 8:40 APM
League meeting is Monday night so will no then when regular season starts. Please check this site Tuesday Morning for updates.
Wednseday Oct 25th IS CANCELED
Thursday Oct 26th 6:30pm Sharp Parents Meeting upstairs APM would like the players to attend the meeting
Thursday Oct 26th 7:30 Home game APM vs Kings County (exibition)
October 15, 2017 Team Meeting
Like all the boys to be at the APM at 7:30 for a team meeting before practice on Monday Oct 16th. Practice is at 8:40.
October 11, 2017 Final Roster
North River West Masonary Midget AA Flames 2017/2018
The Coachs would like to thank all the players for coming out and for the effort they gave which made our decissions very tough.
Next Ice time is Monday Oct 16th Team meeting at 7:30 and 8:40 APM Practice
Tuesday 7:50 Oct 17th Exibition game in Pownal
Thursday Oct 19th 7:30 APM Exibition game or practice
October 9, 2017 Exibition Game
Here is the list of players moving on to the exibition game Wednesday at 8:00 vs Pownal at the APM
Be at the rink at 7:15.
Cost is $10 for each player.
Each Goalie will play a period Wednesday night same as tonight
Cody Jay (Sitting out)
Connor Gauthier (Sitting out)
Matt Lank (Sitting out )
Connor Reardon ( Sitting out)
Good luck to all the boys in their hockey season and thanks for participating in tryouts. We are missing red jersey #93 (Shawn Hanshell's) . Please drop it off at the APM Office or Canteen.
October 6, 2017 Tryout Information
Hello Midget Players and Parents. With only one conditioning camp left we will be moving on to the tryouts for the 2017/2018 Midget AA team on Saturday. Here is the schedule and the way we will be handling tryouts.
Saturday Oct 7th 5:20 MacE-Z this will be a 1 hour practice
Saturday Oct 7th 6:30 A-MacD will be a 1 hour practice
Monday Oct 9th 8:40 will be a 1 hour Inter squad game
Cost of the first two sessions is $20 as everyone will get one practice and the Inter squad game.
There will be a list posted on the web site to tell players who will move on to the next part of tryouts which will be a Exibition game vs Pownal .
Wednesday Oct 11th 8:00 Exibition game vs Pownal at the APM
Cost of this ice time is $10 per player even if you do not play.
The Team will be posted on the web site by Thursday 8:00am at the APM.
So as you all can see this process is going to be short and sweet or not so sweet. We have three ice times to pick the team and not only play on the ice will determine spots on the team but attitude and behavior in the dressing rooms, on the bench and the willingness to listen and be coached.
Here are a few things for the parents and players to take into consideration as they tryout for this team.
1. Cost to play on this team the last 3 years has been around the $500.00 mark per player. this covers 4 tournaments, team pictures, and all other activitys the team takes part in.
2. Practices are Monday nights at 8:40 at the APM and attendence is a must. We have one practice a week and expect the boys to be there.
3. Home Game times are Thursday nights at 7:30 at the APM and same as above. We usually have one away game a week as well on any given night. We try to keep the schedule ahead as far as we possible can and try not to change it much as we know the boys are into other stuff and some have part time jobs.
4. We will be in 3 on Island tournaments. One off Island tournament and the provincials. These will all be detirmined at the first of the season and will be announced at the team meatings.
5. There will be a set of team rules that will be discussed in the parents and players meetings after the team has been picked and of coarse all will be expected to fallow them.
6. When selecting players for this team we as coachs can choose to select players that tryout for defence to play forward or the other way around if we think it will benifit our team at the end of the day.
7. On a final not I hope everyone understants that picking this team is no easy task. We in North River Minor Hockey have been blessed with great Coachs at both AA and A levals of hockey as these kids came up through the system and we have a very good group of players to pick from this year. It does not make it any eisier that I know many of the players and parents who are trying out and hopefully you all respect the process and we all can live with the results.
Good Luck to all in the tryouts and hopefully everyone has a great hockey season. If you have any Questions for Me my contact info is under the team staff tab on this web site.
David and Staff
September 28, 2017 New Season
Welcome back to another hockey season. Want to take this oppertunity to invite all Midget age players in North River Minor Hockey to come out to the conditioning camps next week. The schedule is posted on the coordinator's page and would ask that everyone attend the proper ice times so we can have a balanced number in each group. Remember these three ice times are for all players wether you plan on playing A or AA. It gives everyone a chance to get on the ice' try out the new gear, get ready for another season and have some fun with potential team mates. We will be working on some skating, passing, shooting and some conditioning drills. Good for all skill levals. Hope to see you on the ice.